Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New seasons.

Happy First Day of Fall!

Did you feel it?
So nice.

We were feeling pretty good over at the shop today,
our first day back to work after the convention.
Instead of a ego boost from winning "tattoo of the day", though, I'm feeling lots of pressure to up my game.
The convention felt like a formal introduction to the Minnesota tattoo community after a very insular two years of working in Maple Grove.
This perceived sense of entering some new spotlight has me intent on raising the bar.

I'm looking forward to the Off the Map Tattoo guest spot that will be here in little over a month.
There's a few really exciting tattoos that I'll be doing there on a lot of my (ir)regulars.
I need to do 100 drawings this week, but I'm alright with that.

Today I had some open time and was very lucky to get such a creative walk-in idea given to me.
A camel in a lotus, marking the first day on the road to recovery.
What a lovely day to start.
I hope everyone enjoys the new season.