Monday, September 21, 2009

Lemonade



These were the Minneapolis Tattoo Convention shirts that I made and gave out to my clients/friends/supporters this weekend.

I always make some limited edition shirts for conventions and guest spots.
I had big plans for this convention since it was held on our home turf, but I failed miserably burning a screen.
Twice.

So, with very little to work with and only one day to make 30 shirts in, this is what I ended up doing.

I taped up an acorn-shaped metal cut out (that a customer had made for me a few months back) and placed it somewhere near front and center of the shirt.



I then sprayed bleach water at the metal acorn, let it sit for a full minute, and watched the bleach eat into the shirt.



The shirts get rinsed out, and hung up to dry.



I hand painted the messed up screen with screen filler, since even our drawing fluid was too old and chunky to use.
The antlers and the XI were then screened separately once the shirts were dry.
I did all the woman's shirts at Identity Tattoo, but had to do all the guys shirts in my basement a few hours before the convention started.

That's how you do things right the wrong way.

There's still a few left over.
I'll make a tally when I get to the shop tomorrow.
Stop by or email me if you're interested in picking one up.