Saturday, September 12, 2009

My kind of gift, my kind of folks.

Adam arrived yesterday for his monthly stay at Louderhorn Inn.

He's helping us piece together the Japan trip that Meryl and I are taking in January.
We buy the plane tickets tonight, and then get to figure out our staying arrangements over the next couple months.
Have any good ideas for us (two vegans who don't speak Japanese) ?
We could use some advice.

I was going to start my day with the New York Times and my morning can of Dr Pepper,
and when I went outside to grab it,
I found this epic shoulder blade leaning up against the porch.
This wasn't a special treat from the paperboy.
Or a Blair Witch Project style wake up gift.

Ryan was at my house bright and early, picking up Adam to take him to a dirtmobiling competition.
(we have joint custody when Adam is in town, and Saturday is Ryan's day).
And he dropped off this large mammal scapula that he found somewhere on his trip out to LA.
Thanks, dude.



I think we need a new service in this post-milkman age.
There's stories on NPR about niche dairy farmers trying to resurrect the delivery of a cold bottle of cow stuff every morning.
But how great would it be if for a few bucks someone dropped off things we wanted every morning?
I want a tin box full of awesome every morning.
Berries, bones, pinecones, asparagus,
screenprints, paper dolls.
I'd subscribe to that.