Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Full House.

I've only known Amy and Jaime for 7 months now.
I just went back and did the math and surprised the absolute sh*t out of myself.

Well, the Brigg's got upgraded to super duper friendship level just for showing up out here.

I know I've been having a good time.
I hope they have been to, because there's plans for me to do a guest spot out in MA again before the year is up, and I'm hoping Amy doesn't put my bed in the basement.

7 months ago, I did the tattoo on Miss Amy of the bird carrying the book (seen here).
We chatted about books and birds, and houses for birds, and books for houses.
We drank tea and drew pictures.
A couple months later the birdhouses got built.
The antlers just kinda just happened, but otherwise Amy kicked off this whole strange journey.

So, in order to bring it kinda full circle,
Amy got this piece on her other arm,
getting the first ever antlered book-topped birdhouse and finally giving the bird on her right arm a proper place to live.

We didn't get to finish of course, but we got 4.5 hours worth of pain in before we hit a decent stopping point.




This first weekend of summer sure was a scorcher.
It was so hot, I think I forgot how cold it was this winter.
These Midwest extremes are really messing with me.

Monday we stayed in the air conditioning of Identity Tattoo, doing the birdhouse on a faux day off.
Luckily, I hadn't used up all of my sick daysso far this year, so I took today (Tuesday) off as well.
We met up with Rebecca for a 96 degree day of touring Minneapolis.

We hit the mill ruins, the (not so) hidden beach, uptown, downtown, and Dinkytown.
Ate at the Hard Times, AND stopped by some place for spring rolls not too long afterwards.

At the Mill ruins, we saw some VERY dead birds (which were admittedly not very sexy), some tunnels, and this crazy child wooden block graffiti.



I even got a salsa popsicle, which sounded gross, but I had to try it.
It was gross.

One more day with the Brigg's,
but I do have to go into work tomorrow.
And, MJ and Julie arrive tomorrow night.
There will be 6 people plus an evil dog filling this house tomorrow.

I'm not on any kind of vacation, but I'm playing as hard as I can all summer long.
Thanks to everyone who have joined in to play along.