Monday, June 1, 2009

Empty Nesters (for now)

An entire (busy!) week with no blog post?!?

There's too much to share, so I'll stick with the few things I have photos of.

First, Meryl and I are feeling kind of alone in this house tonight.
Casey packed up (some of her stuff) and left for her bicycle trip Saturday.
She'll be gone for at least 4 months.
Adam from Queens was in town and staying with us over the weekend, but he left early this morning.
So now it's just me, Meryl, and Shamira.
Later this month it'll be an overlapping, overbooked visitor extravaganza, but we'll have some quiet time to prepare.

So I picked up the frozen tattooed skin Wednesday night.
I started the Krowtann 2000 process today, and here's a gross photo of all that:


Speaking of boob tattoos, Caitlin's painting that she gave me arrived from Taiwan on Thursday!
It's super textured, really big, and looks even better in person.
Dead birds are sexy.
Thanks Caitlin!!


Adam was here the weekend Casey arrived, so he thought he'd help send her off as well.
He also decided to get ANOTHER aircraft safety tattoo.



Ryan and Rebecca spent a bunch of time with all of us this week as well.

We collected 100 year old chimney bricks from a gutted house in their neighborhood and put them in my front yard.
You can see some of them used for edging already to the left of the pile.

We got to play on their teeter-totter that Ryan made.

And Adam took this (very) candid shot of us hanging out in their living room.
That's me on the left sitting behind Meryl.